Thursday, August 26, 2021

Ashley Simone MUA




Give us a brief introduction to who you are, the city you represent and the names & type(s) of business(es) you own. 

My name is Ashley Simone. I'm a freelance makeup artist and mixed media artist. I am the owner/CEO of Makeup by Ashley Simone.


Who or what inspires you when it comes to business? 

Pat Mcgrath is one of my biggest inspirations as a makeup artist. To go from what I'm doing everyday to creating a multibillion dollar cosmetics line is amazing to me. She is ICONIC and I pray one day people look at my work and think the same.  Art also has a major influence on my work.


What is your creative process like? 

Unorganized at best . I truly don't plan anything. I look at a few ideas, forget about it and then just wing it lol. Its worked pretty good up till now lol








What do you feel sets you apart from other brands? 

My creativity and my range. I can do natural makeup, bridal, Instagram beats, editorial, illusion and special effects. I never want to limit myself. I want to do it all. If I can specialize in 


Do you feel like the internet has had an impact on your success as a business owner? 

Most of my major opportunities have come from social media platforms. Social media serves in a sense as a portfolio. Anybody can access your work. It also streamlined my booking process tremendously.


Tell me about any highlights you've experienced while being in business 

I'm blessed to say I’ve had the opportunity to have my work published multiple times. I’ve done a fashion show in NYC with an international Indian designer. I was invited to work at NY Fashion Week last year. Honestly I've met and worked with so many amazing people over the last 3 years that this whole journey has been a highlight.


What's next for you and your business? 

I want to travel more. I want to teach and expand my business. I want to be able to give someone the same opportunity that someone once gave me.


Anything else you want the audience to know about you or your business?

I just want to thank all my clients, any future clients, and the team for all the support and love. Y'all don't how much you push me to be a better me. I'm going to continue to push the limits in beauty and hopefully some major things will come to fruition.




How to Support:

Facebook: Ashley Simone MUA

IG: @makeupbyashleysimone

Tiktok: @ashleysimone716

Website: ashleysimonemua.com


0 comments: